Its exciting to see the constant feature enhancements to the Intune product, I look forward to the next version of System Center Configuration Manager where I hope we too will see the constant update cycle.
Anyway enough mumbling this months latest features are:
- Ability to streamline the enrollment of iOS devices purchased directly from Apple or an authorized reseller with the Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- Ability to restrict access to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business based upon device enrollment and compliance policies
- Management of OneDrive apps for iOS and Android devices
- Ability to deploy .appx files to Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Ability to restrict the number of devices a user can enroll in Intune
Additionally, as part of this service update, Microsoft will be providing hybrid customers with the ability to create custom WiFi profiles with pre-shared keys (PSK) for Android devices.
These are all really exciting features for my customers and I know for several the Pre-Shared Key deployment for Android will tick a lot of peoples boxes.
I started to write this blog post before I went on holiday over new year (3 weeks in Thailand went far too quickly!!!!). Then I thought no stop, you are in honeymoon period with a fantastic suite of products, have a holiday and come back….. Well I did and nothings changed.
The Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite is a game changer in the Identity and Access space. What product set provides you the below in the most case for sub £2 a month per user?
- Self-service password reset for your people, to reduce helpdesk calls
- Multi-factor authentication options for greater security
- Group-based provisioning and single sign on for over 1000 SaaS apps
- Machine learning-driven security reports for visibility and threat management
- Robust sync capabilities across cloud and on-premises directories
- Mobile application management across devices
- Broad device support for Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, and Android devices
- Selective wipe of apps and data for greater security
- Information protection from the cloud or in a hybrid model with your existing on-premises infrastructure
- Integration into your native applications with an easy-to-use SDK
In all honesty when I’m talking to our customers and partners, the feature set blows them away and want to signup before they even hear the price.
So stay tuned as will be posting some technical tips & tricks very shortly.