Very exciting and feature rich update this month mainly focussed around the Standalone versions. I suspect all these features will coincide with the SCCM vNext release in the coming month/s we shall see what happens at Ignite.
This service update will introduce several new features for Android devices plus much more.
New Intune standalone (cloud only) features that will be made available as part of this update include:
- Management of Office mobile apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Android tablets. (Management of Office Mobile app for Android phones made available in February 2015)
- Ability to restrict access to Exchange on-premises for Exchange ActiveSync clients on Android devices
- Ability to create WiFi profiles with pre-shared keys (PSK) for Android devices
- Ability to resolve certificate chains on Android devices without the need to deploy each intermediate certificate individually
- Deployment of .appx bundles to Windows Phone 8.1 devices (Support for .appxPublish files made available inMarch 2015)
- Management of Work Folders app for iOS devices
- Updated Endpoint Protection agent for managing Windows PCs
- Ability to manage Windows Defender on Windows 10 PCs running Windows 10 Technical Preview without need for separate Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection agent to be installed
- Combined Microsoft Intune Company Portal websites for PCs and mobile devices to provide a more consistent user experience across platforms
- Added Windows and Windows Phone Company Portal apps to the Microsoft Download Center to provide an additional option for accessing these app downloads
- Enhanced user interface for overview pages within Intune admin console